Monday, February 26, 2007

Wikipedia

For my first Wikipedia edit, I decided to add to the Job Interview article . I created a new section titled Preparation, and contributed the follow information
to it:

"It is very important to be well prepared for an interview. A common reason
employers gave the University of Delaware’s career center for not hiring an applicant is the inability of the applicant to fully explain the contents of his or her resume. It is therefore of paramount importance to be able to discuss in detail every item listed on ones resume, and if possible to give examples where appropriate.It is also important to research the company before the interview.To avoid being nervous practice answering difficult questions.
A good source of interview questions can be found by searching the Internet. "

I also added the following to the Process Section of the Article:

"Questions are strongly encouraged, not only do they allow the interviewee to acquire
more information but they also demonstrate the candidate's strong interest in the
position and company."

I feel I will be a valuable contributor to this article, since I have recently been on many interviews and have learned a great deal from theseexperiences. I have also been given much guidance on this topic by interviewers, professors and career counselors. As well as read tons of advice on the web pertaining to Interviews.

No comments: